We have summarised the points on how to achieve and maintain a shiny and straight hair after doing a rebonding for your hair.
1) Do not wash your hair for 48 hours after the rebonding has been done because there is no need to. The reason is because the chemicals that has been applied as a post-rebonding treatmemnt is good for the hair given that there is a lot of alkaline-based ingredients that would help balance your pH level in the hair (reduction-oxidation processes).
2) Also, do not tie up your hair tightly with a hairband because there will be imprints left after a long period of time due to the pressure from the hairband.
3) For those that have a habit of putting their hair behind their ears, we do not recommend that as well because there will be imprints left to the hair from the constant action of doing so.
4) The first round of treatment right after the rebonding session is of utmost importance because there may be lingering damage from the chemicals used during rebonding. Steps taken to prevent further damages is important and one should pace it at a regular timing. We would recommend our in-house brand, the SHA Shampoo and Treatment with regards to tackling the damage from the rebonding.
5) Blow-dry your hair immediately after showering to prevent the possiblity of natural curls from returning.
6) Please do not use any hot iron curlers or curling iron rods after the rebonding session because the heat may cause the natural curls to appear again.
7) If possible, do make use of a hairdryer to dry your hair after a shower to encourage healthiness growing of the hair.
When the hair is wet, the cuticles on the outermost layer of the hair would be left as open and thus in order to supplement the nutrition of the outermost layers of the hair, the hair would need to make use of the nutrients from the inner parts of the hair.
After which we would need to provide more moisture to the inner parts of the hair to make up for the loss of water to keep it in its tip-top condition.
In order to maintain the shine and moist look of the hair, we need to ensure that the nutrients in the inner layers of the hair as well as suppressing the damages on the outermost layers of the hair can be minimised with home care.
By doing so, we can prevent the unwanted voulme that comes out as a result of the rebonded hair's damage or frizz.
If the hair is damaged, there will be troubles that would arise just like what natural curls would do to one's hair. Since the rebonding has been done, it would be a waste and an unfortunate thing for such things to happen and we would want you to prevent that by constantly and regularly doing home care to your hair.
We hope that the above information would encourage you do to proper home maintenance for your hair at a regular pace.